Thursday, October 30, 2008

Random Post 2

I know I shouldn't be blogging now. I know I should be in my bed snoring already. But I still want to blog, so as to make today more meaningful...

Ok, so today was my off, and I slept all the way until 1 pm. This is considered okay, given the fact that I can sleep until 3 am sometimes...(><) Anyway, after I woke up, I surfed the net for a while before proceeding to cook my lunch (I was the only one at home). After eating my lunch while watching the latest Bleach episode, I went on to do more serious things...

Well, actually I didn't do any serious stuff the whole day... I spent almost the whole afternoon watching shows and listening to songs - new songs that just came out and I haven't listened to yet. Yah, some people might find it surprising, but this can be a favourite pastime of mine. I can spend hours listening to songs and organising my music files (more than half of my music files are unorganised). Amazing, isn't it?

I know I shouldn't be doing this... I should be spending my time playing on KGS or reviewing kifu or doing tsumego... But sometimes it's hard to control yourself and resist temptations. In the end I didn't manage to do a single useful thing! You can say that I have wasted 1 whole day...

My mum went back to China yesterday for my grandfather's funeral. She looked okay. Hope she will be alright and don't break down emotionally.

After managing to convince myself to review a few games on my Go board, I realised that our dear Lin Xi has started a blog. And he is using a template taken from blogskin. I found it quite cool, and went on to search for a template that's suitable for my blog. So I clicked and clicked, and tried out several skins, but sadly none of them suited my taste... I didn't like the idea of not being able to see the title of your posts, and I also wanted my posts to be able to post comments. Some skins were not compatible with firefox, and the whole proportion looked weird. In some skins the words were also too small, and I pity the people reading blogs with those kind of skins... Furthermore, I'm very bad at this kind of html codes, and probably it will be very hard for me to learn, and if I don't learn html I won't be able to edit my layout the way I want. So, I switched back to my old one - the default template. For the time being, I don't think I will be bothering to change my blog layout, unless I find a really suitable one...

Unfortunately somehow all the blog links were gone after I reverted back to my original template... I did save it, in the exact format, but the links were not there... Haiz, I had to add all the links again one by one :-(. If anyone doesn't see your blog linked here please tell me...

That's all for my "meaningful" day at home. Let's hope this kind of day doesn't repeat itself...

Oh yeah, have been thinking about what to do with my blog. I think I will fix it in such a way that I will post in Chinese and English alternately everyday. In this way I can blog in both language without worrying about which language to post everytime. For those who don't understand Chinese, here's a site you can go: http://babelfish.yahoo.com/. It's not really accurate, but will definitely help somehow. Maybe I will start this from next post onwards...

Going back to camp tomorrow... Haiz, there's a major exercise coming up soon, and it will be very tiring... Hopefully it will be over in a blink...

Ok, good night, everyone~


P.S. The time indicated in this blog post is not the actual time I wrote this. I changed it so that it will look as though this post is made today (Thursday). And by the way, I DON'T snore. =P

0 comments: