Thursday, October 16, 2008

Resolution

After many days of "rotting" at home, I have come to a conclusion that I have been to slack and at this rate my weiqi skills will be going nowhere, if not downwards. From now onwards, my resolution is to use the com for at most one to two hours a day for entertainment and devote the rest of the time to doing useful stuff, and weiqi will be the priority followed by piano. I know that this is a bit difficult now given the amount of commitments I have on the com and my ability to give myself excuses, but I can try to restrain myself from certain things that are not necessary or not so important. I used to spend too much time on meaningless stuff because I get easily distracted and was also personally lazy to get myself out of the chair. As a result a lot of time was wasted. In the end it still boils down to personal discipline and prioritisation.

Only about one month left before the Whampoa Cup... Whether I can go to Japan next year or not will depend on this... Will my Japan dream come true?

0 comments: