Saturday, October 11, 2008

Random Post

I guess this is going to be my first random post on my new blog.

Yesterday was was my PRC gathering at my house. However, the number has decreased a lot... Many have already moved to other countries. But I think it is good to meet my JC friends once in a while, 'cos in the future it will be even more difficult to arrange such gatherings...

Went to the SWA today to watch the finals of the Singapore Weiqi Tourney. Previously I could have participated in this competition as well, but since I couldn't come on some of the days of the competition I choose to back out(or was I forced to back out? Haha...). So in the end I could only participate in the lucky draw. The final was between Zhou Xiang and Xie Tang, and I initially went there to watch the games between them, but ended up playing against a strong japanese uncle instead. They also didn't review their game so I didn't get to watch anything...

Anyway, about the japanese uncle, by strong I really mean STRONG. He says his fuseki is 8 dan but yose is 4 dan, and I think the first part is really true. I don't know about the second part because I didn't play until yose, haha. He almost won jc, if not for a mistake in the end. I made a stupid move quite early in the game, and I even thought it was a good move. I only realised that the move was useless after the game... Haiz, this has happened to me many times. Looks like my 棋感is still not up there yet, and I still got a lot to improve on my fuseki and chuban.

Feel sorry for Dan, who is not able to participate in the Pair Go Category in World Mind Sports because Kay couldn't go. I think he's flying to Beijing today, in a very gloomy mood. I can understand his feeling, 'cos I also felt terrible when I was told last minute that I cannnot go. But looking on the positive side, at least he gets to go Beijing to watch and meet other people, while I can't even go at all. But still, it's like disaster to him, 'cos he has put in so much effort in training and yet his partner cannot participate. I don't know the situation exactly but I think Kay should do some self-reflection on this...

Cleaned up my room a bit today. Found out that my vacuum cleaner was spoilt... Haiz, why aren't there any good, functioning electrical appliance in my house? My broom also very 'cui', and dustpen literally full of dust... I must go and do something about this next time... Oh yeah, I only cleaned up my room, and still haven't tidy it up...

And that's the end of my first random post.

0 comments: