Saturday, October 25, 2008

Drunk

From wikipedia:

Drunkenness or inebriation is the state of being intoxicated by consumption of alcoholic beverages to a degree that mental and physical faculties are noticeably impaired. Severe drunkenness may lead to acute alcohol intoxication. Common symptoms may include slurred speech, impaired balance, poor coordination, flushed face, reddened eyes, reduced inhibition and uncharacteristic behavior. Drunkenness can result in temporary experience of a wide range of emotions, ranging from anger, sadness, and depression to euphoria, lightheartedness, joviality, and sexual disinhibition. Consuming excessive amounts of alcohol may lead to a hangover the next day.

Ever since I started drinking, I've never been drunk before. I'm serious. My face will turn red, I will have headache, I will get a little bit "high" and talk a bit more than I usually do, I may lose my balance, but getting drunk? NEVER! Everything will still be crystal clear in my mind and I will be totally aware of myself and my surroundings. I know what I am doing, and I don't forget everything the next day. However, sometimes I really want to know what the feeling of being drunk is like.

Went to a Japanese Karaoke with Yurika and her friends yesterday. As usual, I drank quite a lot. This beer called Hoegaarden was quite nice, and I actually prefer it to Tiger Beer and Carlsberg. Maybe I will drink it again next time. Anyway, because there were quite a lot of people and we had only about two hours, I didn't really get to sing a lot. But at least I managed to sing some new songs and songs that I've always wanted to sing, so I was quite happy. But the problem with my voice is still there... I still can't sing some parts very well and my voice is always too soft. Because of this I can't sing rock songs... Maybe I should go for some voice training? LOL

There was this Japanese lady who got really drunk after drinking a few bottles. It became more and more serious as time passed by, and even after the Karaoke she was still behaving like... well, "a person who is drunk". This is actually my first time seeing a drunkard in person, and I was quite surprised at how serious can it be. Now I know how all sorts of "accidents" happen from drinking, haha.

After the Karaoke Yurika brought me to one of the bars (or was it a club?) in Clarke Quay. As it got towards midnight more and more people were coming to to the bar and started dancing together. The music was so loud and we needed to speak to each other's ears in order to hear each other. No matter whether they were drunk or not, everyone was dancing to the music happily, enjoying themselves. They were seemed to be in a different world, and were seemed to be having a lot of fun. Maybe these are the people who really know how to enjoy life.

I tried to dance, but I couldn't. I think the problem with me is that I just can't let go of myself. No matter what I do, what my friends do, in my mind there will still be a lot of considerations and because of this I will not "let everything out". I am an emotional person, but I don't succumb to my emtions. I don't know since when did I start not to show my emotions, and as time passed by I was losing some emotions and feeling as well. Maybe this is how aparthy came into me.

Sometimes, I want to get drunk and forget everything. I want to let go of all my emotions.

But at the same time, I'm also scared of being drunk. I am scared of losing control of myself.

If alcohol is something that makes you achieve a sense of pleasure and is addictive, isn't it like drugs? And isn't taking drugs illegal?


Some pics from the Karaoke:

My little tortoise's sister? LOL

Guess whose finger this is...

As usual, I look drunk, but I'm not...

Yurika and her friends.



I've also visited Bishan SWA to watch the selection tournament for the Three Country Games today. I wanted to join this but... (please read my previous posts...) Posting some pics here:

Male Category

Female Category

Alvin playing... OMG

What did yurika just do? LOL

Jerry playing...


P.S. About my two previous posts, I was too lazy to translate them so those people who didn't understand sorry... I am still very unsure about how this blog is supposed to be like. Shall I write in English or Chinese? Or both? Will find an answer sometime.

0 comments: