Sunday, March 29, 2009

20th 20th




Last year's birthday was a special one. Both my 农历 and the 阳历 (sorry, I don't know how to say in English...) birthday falls on the same day. I heard that all the 19th birthdays are like that. Wow.

Similarly, this year's birthday also has a special meaning. Not only am I turning 20 this year, which is the legal adult age in Japan, my birthday also happens to fall on the 20! In other words, this is the 20th 20th of March that I am spending! This is the only time in my life that it will happen. It won't appear again.

However, this is also the birthday which was spent most meaninglessly.

Because, on the 20th March 2009, I was in the army, doing my guard duty...

On this day, I did my duty, slept, did my duty, did some exercise, slept, and did my duty again... (Sorry that I can't provide details due to some Penal Code in the Secret Act...)

And I couldn't sleep well at night before my midnight duty because some guy below me was talking loudly and playing music...

Haiz, luckily I'm only spending ONE birthday in the camp. 


But there are also things that I'm glad about. On this day, many people have sent me birthday wishes through SMS or phone call. HL even made an overseas call from Australia in the evening. I really must thank all those who wished me Happy Birthday, including those that left comments on facebook, xiaonei and my blog. Because of you all, this year's 20th March is special. You all brought light to my dull birthday. :)


Now that I'm 20 years old, do I feel anything special? Sad to say, not really... Both physically and mentally, I still feel the same... Maybe now I can watch RA movies (but not R21 yet...), but that's the only difference that occurred in my life... Why? Am I already mature enough to be considered a 20-year-old, or am I still very childish? Only time will tell...

Personally, I don't think I can be considered a full-grown adult yet. There are still so many things I can't do by myself, and there are so many things I get scolded for. But I hope to learn as the responsibilities come gradually. University life will be coming soon, and I can't survive unless I manage my life effectively...

Anyway, let's wish myself a happy belated birthday, and hope that better things will happen this year... 


2 comments:

Miaojing said...

As I've said, the 20th birthday itself may not change u that much, but it's the mark of the start of the next ten years. In these ten years, you will definitely grow up...

Unknown said...

Hmm, I thought 21 is the start of the next 10 years?