Sunday, April 4, 2010

How To Train Your Weiqi


Went to watch this movie called "How To Train Your Dragon" yesterday. The title of the movie sounds like it's for kids, but I heard that adults will be able to enjoy it as well. Other than the simple storyline, it was quite a decent movie. The movie is about friendship, courage, and changing people's lives. And most importantly, about dragons. However I'm not really pleased with the main dragon's (the night fury aka toothless) designes. It is cute, yes, but I feel it can be improved. I do like the small little dragons which bite people. I would like to keep one of them as a pet if possible.



But other than training my dragon, I would like to know how I can train my weiqi... Don't know if it's because I've been playing too much games, recently my attitude towards weiqi has changed. I'm not so serious anymore, and plays as though win or lose doesn't matter. The game against JC yesterday was also like that. The whole game I didn't even bother to do much counting of territory, and only realised I'm losing nearing end-game. The game against Ms Cho also. Made 1 stupid mistake in early game and that's the end of it. Really felt like slapping myself after I played that... It didn't use to be like that...

Seriously I'm kind of stuck on how to improve now. Everytime it's the same problem. Unable to read properly, unable to count properly, unable to judge properly. I had my goals in weiqi, but at this rate I'm not gonna achieve it.

I think currently I need to think of ways to change my mind set... I'll try to play more seriously from now on, be it online games or games in real life. But at the same time I must train not to use so much time. Haiz, weiqi is so hard...

1 comments:

wluff said...

Don't give up! Weiqi is a magnificent game that has been played for thousands of years. If it was easy to master, it would not be such a magical game. Just take it slowly, and learn a few things at a time. Keep playing games and doing life and death problems, and your reading is sure to improve. Good luck.

William