Saturday, April 10, 2010

Nice Day

Went to Japanese Association from Bugis after the Asian Games Training today. There weren't any direct bus, so I took a cab. I told the Taxi driver: Japanese Association, and he said ok. At the cross road between Adam Road and Farrer Road, he went to Farrer Road. At first I didn't realise, but I did find it weird why the roads were not familiar. Furthermore there was a huge jam at Farrer Road, and it took us very long before we got out. He suddenly asked me: "It's the Japanese Association at Holland Road right?" And I said calmly: "No, it's at Adam Road." He looked a bit stunned, and said had to make a big circle. Even though I was kind of angry, I still kept my calm as usual. He said he won't count from the meter, which had gone up to $16, but I was prepared to pay like $10. What I didn't expect was that... He actually meant I don't need to pay!! He told me: "It's okay. Sorry for wasting your time."

Such a nice driver!! I don't know if I'm supposed to talk about this here, but I've never seen such a driver before. I think any normal driver would still claim a bit of money, and would try to argue a bit, but he didn't. Besides, I also some fault, because I didn't state the road name and just simply said "Japanese Association". But he didn't say anything about that. It's good to see this kind of nice people around. I said "Thanks.", and got off the car.

0 comments: