Saturday, June 20, 2009

Chain of Unhappiness

Is this month meant to be my unlucky month? So many things have happened, so many things have made me so sad...

Firstly, at the start of the month, I was told that we are not allowed to take leave during the 7 days when we are mounting. The reason our officer gave was that they do not want the duty to be disrupted. What the... Who would be so stupid as to take leave on a stand-by day, when we can book out at 5? I still have so many days of leave left, and I wonder how I am going to use them...

On the Sunday 2 weeks before, when I was at home, I received an SMS asking me whether I can go for Yanglaoshi's birthday celebrations on the coming Saturday. It was a surprise party, and would be disguised as another person's birthday. I said I wouldn't be able to make it, but actually I wanted to take leave so that I could attend. If I took leave I would be able to make it for the PC Show also. But I couldn't, as stated in the previous paragraph. So, on Tuesday, I asked for Yanglaoshi's hp no. so that I can call him on the actual day to wish him happy birthday. It's sort of making up for not being there. But... he wasn't willing to give me! He kept saying that keep this a secret and don't tell Yanglaoshi about it, and he only gave me the number after asking another person to call me to make sure I won't tell Yanglaoshi before the actual day. Do I really look that suspicious? Am I such a person? Would I do such a thing to spoil everyone's show? I mean, I also know it's meant to surprise Yanglaoshi, and I want him to be happy also, so why would I tell him? Why can people doubt others so easily? I don't know whether he feels, but I'm kind of hurt by this incident...

It was then I realised that people, or rather I can be hurt so easily...

Then, on last Sunday, Yurica told me that there was a Samsung cup selection on this Saturday. And she said that I may be able to join. Wow, I thought it was a good chance to play with the teachers. So I called James on Monday to register for the competition. He said okay and will put down my name in the participants' list. What a good opportunity! I even changed my schedule on Saturday, including the Weiqi tourney, so that I can leave my Saturday for the competition. But on Tuesday night, Yurica suddenly SMSed to say the teachers are not participating anymore. I immediately called to ask about it, and I was told that only Singapore born Singaporeans are allowed to participate, and SWA has already selected a person to go for the Samsung Cup, hence the selection was cancelled. Never mind the fact that there's no selection held (I still think that a selection tournament is necessary to make it fair, even though I won't be  able to attend even if there's one), but why wasn't I informed? If I didn't call and ask, would I find out that the selection is cancelled only on Saturday when I go there? Well, I haven't paid the registration fees, but I'm still a participant, right? Am I really that unimportant...? (I just checked the Official Website of SWA, and the news wasn't there also...)

Thanks Yurica by the way.

That's not the end... Next week due to some Ops I will be staying in camp all the way from Tuesday to the Thursday after that! That's 10 days! As if staying in for 7 days is not enough, now they want to extend 3 more days, and we are not even compensated. I have to change my schedule again, and so much of my time is taken away... 10 days of things to prepare... 10 days of army food... 10 days of unhappiness...

Haiz... I think I should stop complaining and start doing something useful. To all those whom I mentioned in this entry, I mean no offence and have no hard feelings. Really. I just wanted to say out my thoughts. That's all...

0 comments: