Saturday, May 9, 2009

Reasons Of Extra Confinement

This mounting had been very peaceful and smooth. Not only do we mount one day less, the first 3 days are either public holiday or weekend, so there is much less duty to do. There was one day when I slept the whole morning and another day when I slept the whole afternoon! It's that relac... Furthermore a new batch of Sea Soldiers just joined us during this mounting, so we have more manpower and hence less duty for lao jiao like me. However, just when I was enjoying my time here, the worst thing happened...

It happened on Monday night. Suddenly I realised something is amiss, and I immediately went to check whether it's still there. To my horror, it wasn't... I've lost it... I've lost the most important thing one can lose during mounting, other than rifle and rounds! OMG...

I've almost lost it before. That time my platoon mates helped me look for it, and it was eventually found. But this time, I couldn't find it anywhere... I searched all the places it could be, all the places I've been to and walked through, but it was nowhere to be found...

I'm very sure I placed it in my pocket. Even though I changed uniform on Sunday, I definitely transferred everything to my new uniform, unless my memory fails me. Due to my previous experience, I even buttoned up the pocket to prevent it from falling out accidentally. Therefore, it couldn't have been an accident... At least that's what I think.

Of course I told my immediate superior about it immediately. He asked me to go and search for it first. After another day of fruitless searching, I gave up... The next day, I told him it cannot be found anymore.

I did an incident report, and my other superiors knew about it as well. Currently I'm still waiting for my sentence, as they need to wait for the investigation report to come out first. I don't know how heavy it could be... Probably can put me inside for many many days...

Why am I so suay? Why must it happen to me? If it was someone who took it, I don't think there would be any use even if he returns it to me now... I will still be punished... But still, I want to know who. Why do you do this to me? Do you really hate me that much?

And me getting confined isn't my own problem alone...

0 comments: