Thursday, May 21, 2009

Night at the Army

Booked out today. Got a bit of scolding when we were dismounting, and as a result our book-out was delayed, but this is small matter. Went to eat Pizza Hut and watched Night at the Museum 2 with my friends at night. Actually, I seldom go out with my army friends, and since I had nothing on today I thought it would be good to go and hang out with them.

The movie was quite nice. I watched Night at the Museum several days ago, and I can say that the content was as funny. However there were also significant differences between the first and the second movie. The first one more of a pure comedy, while the second one comprises more romance and adventure. And the second movie was more predictable than the first, as we already know more or less what's going to happen. Nevertheless, I feel it's a movie that everyone will enjoy, and I would definitely recommend it. Go and watch if you haven't! You can learn some history too!

This duty cycle was quite smooth. Nothing major happened. On some days I did more duty, but I still tried to go and exercise every night. Otherwise I will just keep on growing fatter... There was once when one of the NSmen was talking to us about our officer. He said when you scold people too much, people will definitely take revenge on you. Usually I would agree with him, but at that moment I seemed to sympathize with my officer. He wasn't doing anything wrong by scolding people. Those people getting scolded were doing the wrong things in the first place. He was merely asking them to be more by-right, i.e. do the right things. However in this society it seems that asking people to do the right things, or even doing the right things seems to be wrong... What has happened to all the traditional values we believed in?

The more I stay in army, the more I learn about the ugly side of life... Oh god, why is the world like this?

0 comments: