Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Reporting Sick

Yesterday, I reported sick for the first time in my army life. Before that, I have never seen an MO (Medical Officer) before, neither have I been to the MC (Medical Centre). Actually I didn't want to report sick initially, but I said I'm not feeling well and my superior forced me to go and report sick, so I had no choice...

I didn't like to report sick, because I was afraid that others might say I chao keng. I didn't want others to have this kind of image, because I'm not the kind who see doctor even when I'm not sick. But now that I realised everybody does chao keng in one way or another, why should I be left out? Yes, nobody wants to do work and want to push all the work to others. That's how army is.

Anyway, so I went to MC to see the MO, and was prescribed some medicine for slight flu. I had this flu for several days already, so it was good that I could get medicine for it in camp. At least I don't need to go and see a doctor outside. And it's FREE! Hmm, I have a feeling that I want to visit the MC more often in the future...

Going back to camp tomorrow... Hope nothing bad will happen in this 7 days...

0 comments: