Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Service

Now I know why the service fee is kind of so high. Because we the service staff have to serve other people food while being hungry ourselves!!

Ok, that was a joke, but really that's one of the things we have to endure as a service staff. Serving and smelling all the delicious food makes us even hungrier, but still we cannot do anything. We still have to serve our customers with a smile.

Anyway, having worked at IPPUDO for several days, I must say it's quite fun. At first I was worried that things might go wrong, but it went quite well. All the staff and managers are very nice, and taught me from the beginning how to do staff. Whenever I have any queries I can go and ask them also. I do make mistakes, but they guided me patiently. At peak hour, there are a lot of customers and the queue outside is very long, hence there is almost no time to rest(by rest here I mean stand around and do nothing). But then that's also the fun of it. I feel pleasured every time customers say "Thank you". Maybe I haven't met any difficult customers yet, but so far I like it here.

Communication is also very important, because you won't be able to do a lot of things at once. Hence in the restaurant there will always be people shouting around. I think that's one good way to make people do things. Without all the shouting, there will be much less motivation to do well.

Now I only hope that I won't create trouble for the rest, and will be of help.

Oh yeah, and the Ramen here is really nice! Definitely recommended for those who like Japanese food~


PS Gotta go register for my driving soon...

0 comments: