Monday, May 17, 2010

Sadaharu Off Form

Recently, the poor Sadaharu keeps losing... And as a result he's getting further and further away from 7d... I can only say that he's off form, but is that the only reason? It seems that he can't really think properly now, the way he used to. He's not able to concentrate on the game, and will misread on a lot of situations. Judgement skills are also deteriorating. A lot of games he was actually winning but made a mistake at the last moment and lost. Something has terribly gone wrong. I don't know since when but it's like suddenly, he doesn't know how to play the game anymore.

Solution? Hmm, I don't think there's any quick solution to this problem. He just have to deal with it slowly. Restart from the basics. Revise through all that he has learnt and make sure he remember. Because I think his memory is getting from bad to worse... And he has forgotten a lot of things that he has learnt already. Do more tsumego. Make sure to read through every move, and never look at the answer unless he has done that. And try to concentrate more in games. Once he starts playing, he shouldn't think about anything else. Just the game. Look at the game, and the game only. Never stop thinking. Never stop reading. Hopefully by doing this for a period of time, the mighty Sadaharu will come back.



PS. As for my work at IPPUDO, it's still fun, just that there are some problems. My manager once jokingly told me that if I stop moving in the kitchen, I die. That taught me that I should always be doing something. The other manager also told me that I move too slow, and that's the reason I'm not given as much work as the others. Well knowing that is kind of sad, but I must take it as a lesson. It just shows that I'm not doing good enough. If I have a negative attitude and start thinking that everybody don't like me or something like that, nothing will change. In fact things will get worse. Hence I think it's important to keep a positive attitude. Take other people's criticisms as a chance for you to improve. And once you improve, things will get better.

0 comments: