Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Recent Events

There has been so many things happening recently... And due to my addiction to this game called Red Alert 3, I haven't been able to update my blog... I really like the C&C series, and RA3 is really a nice game. I like to use Empire of the Rising Sun. It's units are really versatile, and Yuriko Omega is total Ownage... From what I see Soviets are more on the offensive side and Allies on the defensive side. But some units are really fun to use. I heard Command & Conquer 4 is coming out next year. WOW... I guess it's time for me to start playing my C&C3...

ra3 by you.

Ok, back to topic... First event is the Farewell party for Yanglaoshi @ Hwachong. This one is organised by our Juniors for Yanglaoshi. While it was a chance for them to say goodbye to YLS, I also happened to meet most of my Hwachong weiqi friends. With everyone busy with army etc, it's very hard to find a time when everybody is free... After the party we went to KAP to eat, and promised to have another gathering for the weiqi people at the end of the year.

2009_08_21_IMG_1177 by you.

2009_08_21_IMG_1183 by you.

Next event is the Japanese Summer Festival (夏祭り) at a Japanese Primary School at Changi. This is the first time I went to this event. Last year I think due to Army I couldn't make it. It was quite fun! Even though there were a lot of people and it was almost impossible to move around without bumping into anyone, the whole mood was there. I also managed to rent a yukata to wear. Kind of hard to walk about though, and I could have picked a better one... But some people really looked nice in yukata. I also did a bit of bon-odori before going back. Hope I can go again next year! And if I possible I want to go to the real matsuri in Japan!

2009_08_22_IMG_1225 by you.

2009_08_22_IMG_1246 by you.

ゲゲゲの鬼太郎!

2009_08_22_IMG_1251 by you.

Very nice mood~

2009_08_22_IMG_1304 by you.

2009_08_22_IMG_1337 by you.

People dancing on the stage~


After the Summer Festival I rushed to this place called Amaranda Gardens to celebrate Teacher's Day for YLS and KLS. It was organised by SWA. Kind of early for Teacher's Day, but since I was outside camp, I decided I should go and drop by also. Who knows the moment I reached there, YLS filled me a small cup of XO. He said he had been keeping this bottle for very long, and everyone drank 1 cup already. Having no choice, I had to drink the XO sip by sip, because I really couldn't take it... It was kind of... spicy. Anyway some people were playing weiqi, and the moment I reached they started taking photos. Zhixiong got into trouble again, by being thrown into the pool... Haha. But this time he brought Sionghwai along with him, who sadly had his phone, mp3 player and wallet inside his pocket... 

Happy teacher's day, YLS and KLS! (KLS left before I reached there...)

2009_08_22_IMG_1343 by you.

2009_08_22_IMG_1347 by you.


Last Thursday, there was a platoon BBQ organised by our PC. It was held at East Coast Park, which was very far from my house... And since it was on a weekday, it was even harder to get there... I tried to take bus from Bedok, but it seems that I had alighted at the wrong stop. I couldn't find the underpass at first... And after I found it I reached ECP but it took me around half an hour to walk to the BBQ pit... Haiz~

But the BBQ itself was nice! Some people kept eating, some people kept cooking, while some people just sat there to chill around. There were also people there whom I didn't expect to see. It's nice to have this kind of cohesion once in a while~

20090827_IMG_0107 by you.


Singapore Weiqi League 2009 concluded on last Sunday. Even though it was the last day there were still a lot of happenings. I thought that after the previous few rounds, the final ranking wouldn't change anymore, but things didn't turn out the way I expected. First of all Yaxin lost to Song Yufeng from NTU, which of kind of unexpected. This way 棋局弈山河 lost 1 小分 and I think they lost another 小分 after that, and became on par with us. Hwachong on the other hand lost 2 小分 due to FCC losing 2 matches, and we were leading them by 1 小分 before the last game. And as if to make the finishing move, in our last match against 酒, Li Chao won Zhou Xiang by 1.5 points, and we managed to finish the day without losing a single 小分!Since our 小分 is the same with 棋局, and we won them by 2-1 when we played them, we actually got the team champion! Woohoo! 3 cheers to 长春二队!I'm sure Mr Fu will be so happy that his team finally got champion. This was our only chance to get champion, and it actually came true. I'll have to thank Li Chao for that also. Also not to forget my other team mates Sionghwai and Shiaw-yen. Good work, guys!

On this day, I let Meiyu help me take photos while I was playing games. I told her to take more because I will select among them, but I didn't expect her to take hundreds of photos... Haha, nice photos though. Maybe next time I'll look for her help again. In the end I became lazy to choose, so I uploaded almost everything to facebook. The gallery can be found here:


2009_08_30_IMG_1431 by you.

酒VS棋局弈山河

2009_08_30_IMG_1433 by you.

Probably one of the highest level games there

2009_08_30_IMG_1532 by you.

Wonder what she's looking at and what she's thinking...

2009_08_30_IMG_1540 by you.

Photo of us 3!

2009_08_30_IMG_1610 by you.

Ah, finally I have someone to help me take photo~

2009_08_30_IMG_1613 by you.

Is he thinking about the game or about the Prelims...?

2009_08_30_IMG_1622 by you.

So many audience...

2009_08_30_IMG_1625 by you.

Another high level game...

2009_08_30_IMG_1642 by you.

Good one, Li Chao!

2009_08_30_IMG_1680 by you.

Yay! Team Champion!

2009_08_30_IMG_1684 by you.

长春二队rocks!!

2009_08_30_IMG_1695 by you.
I guess I was kinda happy also~

2009_08_30_IMG_1705 by you.

League Champion trophy. This year it's quite nicely made~


0 comments: