Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weiqi League Day 4

Sorry guys, I didn't manage to take any photos this time. The matches were very crucial, and I was too busy playing games to take out my camera. Maybe I should hire a photographer next time to help me take photos... Any takers?

Anyway, today our team played against 可爱小兵, 棋局弈山河 and Hwachong. 棋局, Hwachong, and my team haven't lost a match until now, so today's games could very well decide the first 3. I managed to win all the 3 games, and we managed to win 棋局 by 2-1. I could say that we are lucky, 'cos sionghwai played again Wang Yaxin, I played Zhang Yimo and Li Chao played Wang Jing. I won Yimo by 5 points and Li Chao won by 1 point. 

During the last match against Hwachong, I won FCC, but Li Chao lost to Jian Zhongfan. He was winning but made a mistake at late game and lost a lot of points. Haiz... feel sad for him now that his 全胜奖 is gone. Subsequently Sionghwai lost to Gong Xinchi, also because of a serious mistake. He did not realise that his group of seeds would be killed after a certain exchange. It was really a pity because Xinchi was already running out of time and Sionghwai still had about 20 minutes, and the game was very close, so he had a high chance of winning. Nevertheless, it was a good game.

In the end, we lost 1-2 to Hwachong and it was also the first match that we lost in the League. Maybe if the match-up has been better, we could have won, but no point talking about it now. Since 棋局 and Hwachong both lost 1 match each, now what we can hope is that they will lose more individual games so that we can win them by 小分. In order to do that we need to try to win all the remaining games... 

Fight on, guys! It's not over yet!

0 comments: