Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Castle in the Sky - Innocent (Piano)



Innocent

Music from
《天空の城ラピュタ》 (Laputa, the Castle in the Sky)
Taken from the Album
《Piano Stories》 by 久石譲 (Joe Hisaishi)


Basically this song is a rearrangement of the main theme song, 君をのせて (Carrying you), but is much easier. The main melody is the same, and I like this melody a lot. I also like the piano version of Carrying you, but that one is a bit harder to learn, so I learnt this one first. I should be moving on to Carrying you in the near future.

Again, it took me a lot of time to film it... The song is easy to learn, but filming it is another thing. After about 10 tries I finally got it right. The dynamics part somehow cannot be shown in the film clearly, or rather with this piano and camera it's very hard to catch the dynamics (not that I played it very well, though...).

I think this piano of mine is really old... I hope to get a better one if I have the chance.

And I just realised that many people have played this song and posted on youtube already... Many of them play better than me (of course), haha. But never mind since I've already posted it. It's sort of gaining experience, you know.

I've also watched the actual movie some time ago. I believe if I were a kid, I would be touched by it, but watching it now doesn't give me a lot of feelings. The idea of a castle floating in the sky for many many years is very interesting though, and the music is also very nice, just like all the songs composed by Joe Hisaishi. When he composed the Soundtrack for this film, I wasn't even born yet! LOL


Took IPPT today. For those of you all who don't know, IPPT is sort of Physical Fitness Test in army. Last year I got Silver, and this year I am aiming for Silver again. However, just after the test started to rain. And the rain got heavier as time passed... We still took the indoor stations, but the last station, 2.4 km run, had to be carried out outdoors. Hence we waited, and waited, and waited for the rain to stop... But God was so harsh that he didn't blow the rain clouds away... So, the IPPT today was void and I need to come back to take next time...My one day off and the $100 that comes with a Silver is also gone... for now.

Tomorrow I will be booking in for another round of 7 days. After this round a new batch of Sea Soldiers will be joining the platoon, so there will be more manpower and duty will be less siong. Yes, just a bit more to endure...

Ok, I shall go and tidy up my room now... I have not done that for...hmm, weeks? Haha...


Here's a funny video I found:


0 comments: