Saturday, February 14, 2009

Friends or Lovers?

I forgot who it was but I remember somebody telling me that Valentine's Day is also International Friendship Day. Immediately I found it weird, that two such contrasting occasion would fall on the same day. I'm lazy to go and check out also, so I randomly found a reason for it myself after some thinking.

My friend also told me that Valentine's Day is more meant for singles. To couples, everyday is Valentine's Day, hence this day won't be any special.

Therefore, I thought that maybe February 14th is meant to differentiate between friends and lovers. For normal friends, they will celebrate International Friendship Day. For lovers, they will celebrate Valentine's Day.

It doesn't matter whether you are single or attached. It applies to everybody.

So, are you a friend, or are you a Valentine?

What about myself?


PS I just did a search and found out that International Friendship Day is on some other day. But since I already wrote this, and it doesn't affect my opinion, I gues it doesn't really matter.

PPS My PC is spoilt... Now there's a lot of things I can't do liao... Need to get it fixed ASAP... I think it's really getting old now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, wrong day or not, at least i know that International Friendship day exists.

Unknown said...

Haha, yah, I also do. But it would be fun if they fall on the same day.