Friday, February 25, 2011

In Memory of Mr Yeo

One of the people who has been working for Singapore Weiqi Association for a very very long time, has just passed away.

It was due to a heart attack.

Many of us were shocked.

I went to his wake yesterday.

I can still remember his laughter, his smiles that he always carries around.

I still can't believe they are gone.

I'm not really that close to him, but he was the Team Leader for 2006 Go Goodwill Tournament. He brought many Hwa Chong 'kids', including me, to Thailand.

At times he was fierce and strict, but overall he's a very nice person to get along with. He managed to take care of us 'naughty kids' quite well.

His unique loud laughter is something I will never forget.

I heard from Yuri that he was a very helpful and friendly person, and was very nice to her.

He has also contributed a lot to the Singapore Weiqi Association.

The last time I saw him, he was still holding his Samsung Galaxy Tab, 'fighting' with the iPad happily.

But, all of a sudden, he's just gone like that.

Life is just like this. You never know what's going to happen next.

That's why you should treasure every moment. Every second.

Look at people around you. Smile to them more. Treat them nicer.

When you wait until you can't see them anymore, it will be too late.

Rest in peace, Siao Tian Uncle.

0 comments: