Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pending Results

Finished 2 days of selection tournament. The result: me, JC and Yuxiang all lost one game each, to one another, hence we have to go through another round of play-off. It's not the best result, but at least there is still hope for me. Yes, there is still some.

I'm not really happy with the games played on this two days. When I lost to JC on the first day I thought everything would be over, but then Yuxiang won JC in the second round. That's when I thought that there is still chance for me. And in the end, I really won YX, leading to a tie-break. However the game with YX was quite frightening. I was leading all the way until almost end-game, when I made a mistake and a lot of my seeds got killed. If YX didn't run out of time I would have lost, albeit by a little. It was so scary! I swear I'll never play a move without thinking again.

The 2 days of selection showed me that my hopes are not zero. I can still win if I play properly and grab the chance. The last showdown is on this coming Wednesday, when we will play two games. We will draw lots first and two players will play against each other, then the winner will play against the other guy. Once again I won't have time to prepare because I'm staying in all the way until Wednesday (I'm even going straight to Bishan from camp!!). Let's hope I can rest well on these few days, and am able to give my best on Wednesday.

0 comments: