Sunday, January 11, 2009

First Random Post in 2009

Today is the 11th of January 2009. On the 11th January 2008, I was enlisted into SAF.

Meaning?

I am a ONE YEAR SOLDIER now!!!!!! WOW!!!!! OMG!!!!!CLAP CLAP!!!!!!

10 more months to go!!!! OMG!!!!!!



Okay, now about the sad stuff.

At the end of last year, few of our guys got caught by an officer playing PSP while on duty. Hence, our OC has passed down a rule: no more PSP in camp. Yes, for our unit, no one will be allowed to bring PSP into the camp anymore...

This is so saddening... I bought the PSP last year just for the purpose of playing in camp, and now they don't allow it anymore. Well actually it's not a permanent ban. It just lasts for 6 months. But 6 months is quite "permanent" to me... Now I won't get to enjoy playing new and old games that I like in camp for months... Luckily I still have my iPod Touch. Hoo~

On the bright side, I don't need to search for games to download anymore. This will save up some time for me. (To put more videos into my iPod Touch... LOL)



This new year is definitely the worst new year for me. And I'm referring to both the Chinese one and the universal one. On 31st December 2008, 11.59 PM, I was sitting right in front of the X-ray machine (that's where we do our duty), doing my countdown. The machine was the first "thing" I wished Happy New Year to... For the Chinese New Year, I can't come home on the eve, and from 初一 to 初七 I only have 4 days outside camp. To be exact, it's 2 and a half days, because I only can reach home in the afternoon... Sad, isn't it? I've never celebrated new year in this way before... I can't even have my reunion dinner on the eve... ToT

Luckily this is the only new year I spend in camp. If there's another one I'll definitely complain until crazy, and if they don't let us off I shall AWOL as a platoon.

0 comments: