Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Birthday Blues


I realised I have been complaining a lot of my blog recently.

I want to make some positive posts.

But I just can't make myself to do it.

Maybe I've just getting more and more negative these days.

Or these months. Or even years. I don't know

I predict that this will be another complaining post again.

So, I just passed my 23rd Birthday.

23rd!!

Thinking of the number really makes me feel scared.

Am I that old now? 23 years' old!!??

I can't remember how I spent my 20th Birthday.

But 3 years have passed since then.

What have I done?

What have I achieved?

I have been thinking a lot about life recently.

About my life, and about my future.

About why I still do not have a girlfriend. (LOL)

I kind of regret the choice of going to NTU to study Aerospace Engineering.

It's not that this is not good. It's not that I don't like this.

It's just that, it probably wasn't a good choice for me.

I think in order to really grow up and become a better person, one needs to experience many things.

And that's what I have not been doing. Experiencing things.

Everyday go to school, listen to lectures, tutorials, and after that go study in the library.

That's not really the kind of life I want.

That's not my ideal university life.

But that's how it is now.

Now I have very little motivation to study.

Because I don't know what I can get from this.

I don't know what this path will bring me to in the future.

I admire Chou Yang. He could give up his NUS place and go back to Taiwan to pursue what he wants.

Should I do that too?

If now I were to go back to 5 years ago to make a choice, I wouldn't choose NTU Aerospace Engineering.

I would choose somewhere overseas.

Only then can I learn how to be independent.

And how to be more mature.

Year 2 into NTU now.

Not sure if my option is still open now.

I hope someone can tell me the answer.

Though I know in the end, I still have to be the one to make the decision.

2 comments:

RLN said...

Kid, come back to reality! First of all, think about what you can do without a uni cert! Nothing much unless you are Bill Gates. You have the remaining of your life to pursue what you want. So now, complete your education! Secondly, even if you stop your education and pursue what you want to do, do you have the determination and motivation? If your answer is yes and you won't be lazy, go ahead and make it a success. Stop day-dreaming. Put efforts in what have been given to you. Take the responsibility to do it well. Isn't your attitude one of the problems you are having now?!

xun said...

I realised now i am older than u -_-

Your happiness is most important , so choose what u really want to do and have no regret :)

Jiayou!