Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Neighbour Totoro

Played "My Neighbour Totoro" theme song on piano...



Very very tough one... I'm not referring to the difficulty, but the length... Because the song is so long, it's hard to avoid making mistakes, especially for an amateur like me... Well finally I managed to take one video without many major mistakes, but sorry for the sound at the beginning... It was totally unexpected... If I get a new piano, I may retake this song again.

I watched Totoro (The Movie) when I was a little kid. Until now, it's still fresh in my mind. It's still one of my favourite Studio Ghibli movies (actually I like all Ghibli movies, haha). I remember I used to sing this song anytime, anywhere. Will play other songs from Totoro in the near future.

Well I said that there are no major mistakes, but there are still a lot of minor ones... I know exactly where they are. And the dynamics... I listened to the original piano solo, there weren't much dynamics, so I decided to add in some myself, but I guess it wasn't very obvious... If anybody has any idea how to improve the sound quality, please tell me! I really appreciate it.

If you realise, the mood of this piano solo is totally different from the original song (with vocals). The pace is much slower, and that's what I like about this also. (Slower so I'll be able to play with less mistakes, hehe~) If gives you another feeling from the original song, but nevertheless it's still a nice song.

0 comments: