Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fruitful Week

This week was relatively quite well spent. Tuesday night went to Japanese Garden to watch meteors, but only saw 7 of them after sitting there for 6 hours. But it was a nice picnic! I think it will be nice to organise some night outing~



Thursday went Takashi's house for... party. Drank beer and cocktail. And the food was nice!



Friday morning first Yanglaoshi lesson. It was quite bad... Somehow when I play with pros the feeling is different from when I play with other people. Could have done better in many areas... Next lesson I will try my best!

Saturday Jurong Green Weiqi Championship. There were only 30+ people in Group A, and Zhou Xiang and Xie Tang didn't come. I thought I had a chance to get champion after I won Li Chao in round 3, but in the end I lost to Wang Jing in round 4 because of a mistake... I still got 2nd due to my high SOS though. But it doesn't feel good to lose a game I could have won... Must continue to work hard!



Sunday evening was a lecture conducted my Kanglaoshi. He talked about the game between Kong Jie and Piao Yong Xun (I don't know the English name...), and also about the game between Xie Tang and Yang Qian played in Thailand. Kanglaoshi always impresses me because he could talk non-stop and also in a interesting manner. It was also funn when Xie Tang and Kanglaoshi exchanged ideas and in the end almost became another game.

Watched <2012> with SWA people after the lecture. It was a 2 and a half hour movie! The movie was ok, just that the things happening are so unrealistic... Maybe it would be better if the movie was made into a game. And I don't know whether it's the director's motive or not, but I find it ironic that some characters escaped from so many natural disasters and in the end died because of a man-made machine...

And that's how I spent this week. Looking back, maybe it wasn't so fruitful after all...

0 comments: